[Quark Clan] - BackUp Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» How to rebuild Q step by step
DC Help? Not 100% verified! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 5:30 pm by MrV

» 06-04-13: Domain name has expired!
DC Help? Not 100% verified! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 9:32 am by Mr.V

» DC Help? Not 100% verified!
DC Help? Not 100% verified! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 12:03 pm by Q'-Jane-

» French Chat Room
DC Help? Not 100% verified! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 9:30 am by Blassaw

» Dutch Chatroom
DC Help? Not 100% verified! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:01 am by Q'|skyrim|

» Communication Roster
DC Help? Not 100% verified! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:56 am by Q'|skyrim|

» Yannou is here.
DC Help? Not 100% verified! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:01 am by Blassaw

» German Chat Room
DC Help? Not 100% verified! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:50 am by Zer0.

» Lupo's back and ready
DC Help? Not 100% verified! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 2:42 am by Q'|HeroBeuro|

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 72 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:23 am

DC Help? Not 100% verified!

+7
Q'-Sylux-
Chall
Q'-Michele ITA-
smootsy
Q'-Mayhem-
Q'-Angel-
Q'-Panty-
11 posters

Go down

DC Help? Not 100% verified! Empty DC Help? Not 100% verified!

Post by Q'-Panty- Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:36 am

Alright Quarkies,

As many of you know (xD) We don't have servers up atm and while I was playing at |DC*Trickjump server no more than an hour ago, I spoke with one of the leaders of |DC* Clan. I informed him of the situation that Quark is having at the moment and I have come across what may be a great help from them. =)

Although |DC*Smootsy is one of a few leaders of |DC* Clan, he has kindly offered his help to us. This is in no way shape or form a definite fact: I spoke with him about possibly opening up another server on their dedicated server just for us, Quarkclan, A frag server. From my knowledge he must speak with his other leader(s) to see if this will be possible. Also which server will be set up can still be discussed as we will keep in contact with |DC* Clan on this matter until it can be fully resolved.

Like I said, this is not at all for certain yet, but I want to get your guys' thoughts on this. Smoot says he may be able to set up a server for us for the time being, until we get our OWN servers/host, for a small fee. Also I talked to him about the serverhost he has and I think that Lupo should read over this carefully. The website for the serverhost is: http://www.server4you.net/root-server/

Smoot told me some stuff about the host that sounds pretty good but I think you guys should check it out. He was nice enough to offer his help to us in a time of need, and I think this is very nice of him and on behalf of |DC* Clan; also this will help strengthen our relationships with other gaming clans. My thougts are: If and only if you guys and |DC* leaders agree to this, this is an opportunity to have our own server, with our own configs for the time being, to play with eachother, chat, etc until we can get Quark situated again. I have asked Smootsy to reply to this topic with his confirmation so that you guys don't think I'm crazy xD.

All I'm trying to do is help get Quarkclan back on track and I am really thankful for having friends in other clans atm. If you would, please consider this offer and wait for Smootsy's reponse to see what they are willing to offer. I miss playing with you guys and this is a great opportunity to pass time until we can get our own servers. Please respond with your ideas/comments. Thanks!

Panty

Q'-Panty-
Corporal Poster
Corporal Poster

Back to top Go down

DC Help? Not 100% verified! Empty Re: DC Help? Not 100% verified!

Post by Q'-Angel- Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:40 am

thanks to |DC*
and the host looks fine.
if it goes trough i would say we can keep them in the future as friendly clan.
to get allies

Last edited by Q'-Angel- on Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Q'-Angel-
Corporal Poster
Corporal Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Q'-Mayhem- Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:42 am

Respect for Smootsy and the DC clan from me! Smile

And I agree with Angel. The host looks good, let's see what Lupo thinks about it.
We all really appreciate your offer Smootsy, thank you!
Q'-Mayhem-
Q'-Mayhem-
Admin
Admin

https://quarkclan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by smootsy Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:48 am

I can confirm that i've said this but I can't say yet that we are going to setup a server. I got to discuss this with my fellow owners.

I know how it is to have a community and I wouldn't want to see the community without our servers. I guess it would die bit by bit.
So my first thought was about helping you guys out a bit. I dont know how my fellow owners think about this but we shall see. What i can offer is my help setting up your dedicated server (if you need any).

smootsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Q'-Angel- Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:50 am

and we really appreciate it smootsy Smile

Q'-Angel-
Corporal Poster
Corporal Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Q'-Michele ITA- Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:55 am

Thanks and Respect to DC Clan

It sounds really good,
anyway can we put the same IP adresse that we have to NoDownload?
It was the most popular and I think there are still people that try to join this server with the IP (31.3.240.146 how can I forget it?), for exemple I never saw Q'|Servers in my server list and I always joined Q'|Servers with the IP.

Anyway I don't understand nothing about server settings and host, so idk if it is possible or not, I just hope it's not a really stupid question...

Q'-Michele ITA-
Corporal Poster
Corporal Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Q'-Panty- Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:01 am

Yes, as I have said, I have not guaranteed your offer 100% to anyone, but we do 100% appreciate your offer to help! =) I think it's great that at least you are willing to help another ET clan. We understand that you must converse with your other leaders, as we must wait for our leaders to read this topic and reply with their ideas as well. Please do not feel rushed as I'm hoping we will have things situated for ourselves soon.

This is just such a wonderful opportunity to get everyone back together fragging again =P

Q'-Panty-
Corporal Poster
Corporal Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Chall Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:44 am

well, serverhost idd looks good, tho for the lowest package you get a quadcore amd which im not so fond of lol ^^
@michele: no we can not have the same ip
and imo, "lending" us a server for the time being is not a bad idea, depending on what the rent is Smile

Chall
Corporal Poster
Corporal Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Q'-Panty- Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:50 am

Agreed, but we just have to wait and see what Smootsy and the other leaders of |DC* are willing to offer, if anything. We can go from there. =)

Q'-Panty-
Corporal Poster
Corporal Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Q'-Sylux- Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:26 pm

Cant they just officialy recognize the presence of Q on there server instead of making a new one? idk I just feel like we shouldnt be draining their donations on a server for us.
Q'-Sylux-
Q'-Sylux-
Sergeant Poster
Sergeant Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Q'-Panty- Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:41 pm

Well here's the thing. They run a dedicated server so it wont cost them any more money to add a frag server for us temporarily, and it would be without lag. The servers they rent are very nice. Plus it was just them lending a helping hand and we are still not sure if they are even able to lol just an idea.

But on the other hand, Smootsy says we are always welcome to |DC* Servers. The upside of renting our own temporary server is this: we can have them configure the server the way that we want it, say like our old ND server, we can see how well this other hosting service works if we run a server with them without paying a full renting price (depending how hard |DC* will be on the dollar, which shouldn't be much), and we can't be ashamed to take help when it is offered.

Like I said, it would only be completely temporary until we can get our own servers up and running again on our own host.

Q'-Panty-
Corporal Poster
Corporal Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:59 pm

why they cant host the server with ND IP?

Corvus
Corporal Poster
Corporal Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Q'-Angel- Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:32 pm

u can never take the same ip, it's always a different 1 and for sure if u take a other host

Q'-Angel-
Corporal Poster
Corporal Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Chall Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:37 pm

the external ip's ppl and companies get (not the ones you get from your own router but the one you use to know on the internet) is givin out by an organization who keeps track of who gets what ip section, the isp's have control over a certain ip section/range.

meaning that another isp can not handout the ip another isp has control of
the Q server host was located in england and that company had the right to a certain amount of ip's, the german company we are looking at has another amount of ip's therefor you cannot get the same ip unless you go to the same host and they are willing to give you the ip back

EDIT: is it really necessary to pay money for a temp server instead of just waiting a few more days to get our own?

Chall
Corporal Poster
Corporal Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:40 pm

it was just a question if its possible

Corvus
Corporal Poster
Corporal Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Q'-Panty- Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:51 am

Well I guess it depends on if they can do it, and for how much. I mean guys, how many times I gotta say: Just an idea? lol

Just a chance to get playing together until we get our own servers cause frankly, who has any idea when that will happen? Tomorrow? Next week? Next month. Just sayin...

Q'-Panty-
Corporal Poster
Corporal Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Q'-0nE- Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:03 am

Agreed too
Q'-0nE-
Q'-0nE-
Sergeant Poster
Sergeant Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Q'-Michele ITA- Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:26 am

Chall wrote:
EDIT: is it really necessary to pay money for a temp server instead of just waiting a few more days to get our own?

I love you lol! Agree at 12983618361783625428376542%!

Well, if we must wait 1/2 months, ok we can accept the help of DC*, but for me, if we must wait 2, also 3 weeks, it's not a problem! Nay, I prefer that! We can organize better the forum meanwhile!

Q'-Michele ITA-
Corporal Poster
Corporal Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MiLkZz Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:34 am

Well first thanks to smoothy to suggest this idea and to offer his help to a clan in need.
But I don't think this is the best idea, because before we configured the server and got everything up and running, we will have our own server back up. So all the work would have been for nothing.

I think a better idea is to find a good server, DC for example, and agree to play there together. Ofcourse with permission of the server owners.

If we are guests on another server, I would like to stress out that you all should behave yourselves and don't curse or call names and respect the server rules Smile.

MiLkZz
Private Poster
Private Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by smootsy Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:12 am

I've talked with Tankey (my fellow owner) and he says we can offer you guys a 20 slot server for 6 euro per month so you can run an own server to keep the community together. If you don't want it then just say it. We wont feel attacked Wink

smootsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Q'-Panty- Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:32 pm

Thank you so much Smootsy and Tankey =)

As you may have guessed, we are still debating the situation lol. Still no actual word from a leader. -_-

Give us some time to think about it, and when we come to a conclusion one of us will come to your forum and post something about it. Again I can't thank you enough for the hand you are lending to another gaming clan. ^^

Q'-Panty-
Corporal Poster
Corporal Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:57 pm

nice

Corvus
Corporal Poster
Corporal Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by smootsy Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:31 am

Any news on the how and what?

smootsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Q'-Jane- Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:03 pm

Hey smootsy!

Damn, Panty didn't tell you the news?

Well,
we are back online at www.quarkclan.com
plus we got a few servers running again!

But thank you, though, for your effort!
We really appreciate that!!

:*
Q'-Jane-
Q'-Jane-
Chief Warrant Poster
Chief Warrant Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum